[SC.LUG] Partitions!

damian at damosoft.co.uk damian at damosoft.co.uk
Sun Mar 21 22:26:02 GMT 2004

hey guys and gals

Im in the process of getting a webserver sorted out hardware consists of:
dual PIII 1Ghz, 2x 120Gb IDEs, 1Gb ram.
It will be running Fedora Core 1 and apache, mysql, probably jabber and
also handle my emails.

Question to the gurus tonight is, how should I setup those discs?
I was thinking about mirroring one onto the other for backup purposes, but
how should I actually partition the 120Gb? /boot, / and a swap or
something better?

Is the software mirroring on Linux any good for IDEs?  I also have a
PCI IDE RAID controller which I could pop in.

--
Damian Parker
Damosoft