[SC.LUG] Partitions!

Ewan Leith ewan at longwords.org
Sun Mar 21 22:59:06 GMT 2004

If it's a proper raid controller not a software one, it should be good,
but more ide raid controllers are software based and worse than the
standard linux software.

one thing to do with that amount of storage space is to use lvm - i'm
sure fedora will have it, and it means if you need to grow a filesystem
it's a 5 minute not 5 hour job.

you need to leave /boot and sometimes / in a normal partition, but then
put everything else in the lvm at small starting sizes, then when you
figure out what you need where, it's easy to add more.

Ewan