[SC.LUG] Help! with my new digital camera - Kodak CX6230

Richard Pineger richard.pineger at kudos-idd.com
Mon Mar 22 22:39:25 GMT 2004

Hi all,

I've only got a 56k modem. I've just bought a digital camera Kodak CX6230 on
the promise that gphoto2 in its latest version can support it.
Unfortunately, in order to update dpkg wants to download 108Mb of data and
use 25.7Mb (including the latest versions of libc6 and Wine etc.).

I have Knoppix installed, and it appears to have an eclectic mix of
packages. It was supposed to be based on Debian so I ordered the Debian
3.0r2 (woody) update CD but all the packages were older than those already
installed so apt-get update did nothing!

Help! I'm tearing my hair out here. I wanted to somehow get a list of the
packages that I need and the places I can get them and use the fat bandwidth
(and a Windoze machine :-( )at work to download them to CD but I don't know
where/how to look for the information.

Any quick fixes to get the camera working?

See you Wednesday,
Richard