[SC.LUG] part 2 ;)

Richard Smedley richard.smedley03 at ntlworld.com
Thu Mar 25 21:52:43 GMT 2004

Robert Marshall wrote:

>On 25 Mar 2004, Jason Lucas wrote:
>

>>I think we all had an interesting evening. We very nearly discussed
>>robotics!

If anyone wants to follow up here on Rob Richardson's offer
of help that I forwarded on from the manlug list, please
remember to cc RR (or manlug) on the mail (if replying to sclug)

>> A bunch of guys came up from Keele University Computer Society

Thanks to everyone who travelled such a long way :)

>>- sorry we didn't have a big presentation, but we did have some
>>interesting discussions on subject such as ethics, education, business,
>>and a general natter. Various bits and bobs of old/new kit were examined
>>and talked about.
>>

>.. and taken away... (by folk other than the bringers)!

Indeed, I'm now the proud keeper of a 286 laptop. I'll
post some pics when I get time to get it doing
something exciting (I've been too busy today with a
drill and a 100 yard reel of cat5, sorting out my network
properly at last :o)

>No gnome party?

I guess the break-in could have put a damper
on GNOME parties anyway :-/

>I knew that 2.0 had
>been released but forgot to mention it, I've just built it and it looks
>impressive, thought whether Richard will be able to understand it...
>maybe I'll build a library so that you can drive it though emacs-lisp!

aalib will do just fine :-P
http://aa-project.sourceforge.net/aalib/