[SC.LUG] [Fwd: Infopoints - ready to select a date]

Richard Smedley richard.smedley03 at ntlworld.com
Thu May 6 12:28:52 BST 2004

If anyone who said they'd like to help out with this is
available for one of the last two Saturdays in May to
help staff a GNU/Linux infopoint at Bowlers computer
fair in Manchester, please name your available date.

Also those available in June, now would be a good time
to speak up. :-)

We should have enough resources available to answer
people's questions. I'm sure we can bring along a few
good demo machines. We may not be able to give out
free beer like Debian, though 8^)

See forwarded mail (below) for more info.
Please keep Jono in the cc list, to save me having to
forward names.

Thanks,

 - Richard

============================

Jono wrote:

[snip]
I have been in touch with Northern Computer Markets
and we have got the go ahead to begin choosing dates.
We are allowed to do one show for each fair per month,
so we will kick off by selecting the show for May. If
you could go to
http://www.computermarkets.co.uk/NewFiles/ShowDates.html
and browse the list of dates for May and then get back
to me ASAP with your chosen date.

As soon as the date is selected I will confirm it with
NCM and we will be all set.

A few notes:

 * Matt is also in the process of creating an advocacy
document that gives some good advice on running an
Infopoint. He will be making this available soon.

 * When you do your Infopoint, if possible, take along
a digital camera to document the day. This should
provide some inspiration for others to get involved
with an Infopoint.

 * Please check out http://www.jonobacon.org/forums/
and visit the Infopoint forum. We can discuss the
project there.

Cheers,

  Jono

=====
Jono Bacon - http://www.jonobacon.org/
Professional Writer / Web Developer / Musician