[SC.LUG] Linux references in unusual places :)

Richard Smedley richard.smedley03 at ntlworld.com
Thu May 27 16:56:36 BST 2004

Ian Molton wrote:

>>I lost mine when I had two or
>>three hundred records stolen out of my collection in 1989 :-(
>>

>Ah, the perfect excuse to upgrade to CDs...

OK, I thought it was a while since we'd had this thread.

Actualy it's the perfect excuse to spend my spare hours in
second-hand record stores :-)
http://www.jabw.demon.co.uk/rpms~1.htm
http://orbitz.wcities.com/index.html?cityID=1&lang=en&recordID=243,2640&action=record

Anyway, to bring it back on topic for the list, I've worked out that
a minimal single-floppy type distro, with a 2.0.40 kernel, will fit
onto about 15 gramophone records. Does anyone have a press?
We could make a box-set, limited edition of Cheshire Linux :-)

 - Richard
(so retro I'm ahead of the game ;^)