[SC.LUG] Crewe-Nantwich ICT Expenditure - a call to arms.

Andy Roffe aroffe at its-linux.co.uk
Mon Oct 25 13:34:42 BST 2004

David,

>  Presumably if you are a tax payer in this region you can ask in a personal
>context rather than a supplier.

I should've made that clear.. originally we were prompted to contact as
a potential supplier (I can't remember what the prompt was...)
This has been effectively abandoned. There is more than enough work
among those who _want_ to use FOSS systems. I just don't
have time to educate/persuade the uninterested. which I suppose is a
shame.... anyway.

My enquiry is personal and provoked by the aforementioned rates bill.
Software licencing is at least a subject I can understand
and instead of ignoring it the "Question evrything" bit of me is winning.

For those that live in the borough, I believe it is a reasonable question.

Thanks for the other info.. I'll investigate it.

cheers
Andy