[SC.LUG] Fortran callable graphics routines

Roger Gibson rcgibson at iee.org
Thu Sep 16 01:31:36 BST 2004

Some advice on this would be most welcome.

I have some very old Fortran programmes, running to 10,000 lines or so
in total which are still very useful.  These used to run under Unix with
Sun workstations.  I have successfully ported to Linux, and my, how they
fly now!

I would like to implement the graphics part of these.  The simplest
would be to write some very simple subroutines to emulate the old GINO
graphics routines I used (anyone remember these - they are still around
c/o Bradley Associates - but rather pricy).  Can anyone point me to some
2-d Fortran callable line drawing routines I can use to finish off the
port to Linux.

I have to admit with some shame that I have not come along to sample the
beer at your meetings, but things always seem to crop up.  I will try
harder.  Meanwhile thanks for any help.  I've mislaid the address of the
Manchester University lug, so a reminder so I can ask there would be
helpful.  Liverpool University seems to have sunk without trace.  Pity,
they had a very lively Unix group a few years (like 10+) ago.