[SC.LUG] New Member Intro.

Neil Lucock neil.lucock at zen.co.uk
Thu Sep 16 21:07:39 BST 2004

> On Thu, 2004-09-16 at 18:31, damian at damosoft.co.uk wrote:

> Although I try most other distros from time to time,
> I always come back to Debian. It's the GNU/Linux for
> lazy people like me, who just want things to work :^)
>
> I'm sure other distros have there advantages, but
> they don't work for me :-/
I've used SuSE for just over a year (I used Mandrake for a couple of
years before that). It's pretty good for "just working" with one slight
glitch: If you use the desktop icon (In KDE) to mount a CD, it mounts it
and opens Konqueror. Close Konqueror, attempt to unmount it and it
doesn't want to let you have your CD back. There's no fault with the
drive, XMMS releases CDs after playing them.
Any ideas?

Thanks,
Neil