[SC.LUG] meet

Kelvin Lawson kelvin at totalise.co.uk
Thu Sep 16 22:54:15 BST 2004

Hi Richard,

>>I've been waiting for a
>>meeting to come up in Chester but no luck so far. Have there been any in
>>the past ?
>
> Not yet - we've been talking about having one there,
> with North Wales LUG. Can you suggest a venue?
>
> Name the date, and I'll travel over for it too :-)

Hey, when I did I sign up as events coordinator :-)

If a bunch of people are interested I don't mind organising something in
Chester. I guess the venue depends on if it's a presentations type
thing, or just meeting up over a few jars.

>>I also do a bit of Python programming in my spare time, which I use for
>>knocking up quick applications now and again. I couldn't find a decent
>>karaoke player on Linux so I'm currently in the midst of writing a
>>cross-platform one in Python. If anyone wants to help they'd be most
>>welcome..
>
> Sounds a good idea :-)
> Do you want to put it up somewhere on CVS, Arch or
> something?

Well I'm going to stick it on Sourceforge or Savannah soon, so if
anyone's interested I can mail them the details when it's up. The player
part is already finished, and supports MP3+G (CDG) and MPG, but is only
launchable from the command line.

I'm working on the GUI now as the command line isn't much use at a party
in the middle of the night. So far there's a barebones GUI with a
searchable song database and playlist. Doesn't look very pretty yet,
that was never my forte. It would be nice to find a wxpython guru out
there with time on their hands :-)

Kelvin.