[SC.LUG] Clearout time!

Simeon W Farrington sub_mail at farrin.org.uk
Sun Apr 3 15:08:42 BST 2005

I'm sure I do this on a regular basis, but I'm in the process of getting
the house into a position to get it onto the market and I'm neck deep in
bits and pieces.

Now, I've little time or will to hang onto this stuff and anything I
can't give away will get thrown away probably the week after next. (I'd
ebay the stuff but the hassle of packing up electronics to withstand
royal mail is too much for now). So if you want any of this stuff, I'd
be grateful if you could let me know ASAP (and similarly collect within
the next few days).

Donations welcome but I'm more concerned about getting this stuff into
new homes (rather than cluttering mine) and being used than making a
profit from which I can retire (although..... :) )

With the exception of the router, all were definitely working last time
I used them. However, I can't guarantee that they still work.

Here we go

ADSL 4-port router (Solwise 715) - not 100% if this is fully working. It
stopped connecting to the internet and I've not had a chance to see if
it's terminal or not. Might be a case of a sulk or maybe a reflash of
firmware is required.

Wireless Access Point - can be connected into the above router to give
wireless access. 802.11b.

USB wireless stick. Don't think it's linux friendly but may be useful.
802.11b.

2 x DVD drives. One is slot loading and is region-free. The other is
normal and is Region 2.

1 x CDRW drive. 48x CDR writing.

Planet ISA Combo network card. Probably a 10 (rather than a 100).

SCSI UMAX Scanner

5.1 surround sound speakers and subwoofer.

There may be other stuff lurking and will post information as I find it.
(THere's a 4.5-5' tall cactus next door that needs a home as well if
anyone has space!!!!!)

Cheers

Simeon
07734 256445