[SC.LUG] Next Meeting

Ian Molton spyro at f2s.com
Sat Aug 6 11:43:13 BST 2005

Jason Lucas wrote:

> So, John, Andy and Ian (+Rita the Daihatsu Charade) - can you come
> along?

All signs point to yes.

If I can I will be able to take someone from along the way, as mentioned
before.

Im having some trouble with the carPC - the thing botos just fine from
the internal USB ports and occasionally they even work after its booted,
but usually the ports just pretend they are overcurrent and trip out /
hang the USB initialisation. Most frustrating. My epia M10000 seems to
have similar looking issues too (spurious overcurrent on the internal
ports) despite my never having actually plugged anything into them...

*sigh* always something.

on the plus side I found a 54g wifi card with open drivers - the safecom
5400 (IIRC). its a zydas based device, and zydas themselves seem to have
contributed a driver!

Ive managed to get the card probed but theres some kind of bug in that
the wifi extensions didnt compile properly (I think its a kernel version
mismatch - will investigate...)

I'll bring along the e750 too if anyones interested.

Im running GPE on my ipaq h3800 for now. I need a device thats working
NOW :)