[SC.LUG] Hello!

Damian Parker damian at damosoft.co.uk
Fri Jan 7 20:41:40 GMT 2005

Matthew J Keay wrote:
> Hi all - I subscribed this week having been on the Staffs LUG list for a
> while with no traffic at all. I saw someone's post and thought I'd have a
> nosey at this one! So yes.. I'm not local - Am I going to get mugged if I
> turn up? :)
>
> I've been using Linux for a few years (and Windows too :o) Current interest
> is Asterisk (www.asterisk.org) - An open source PBX solution.. it's great!
>
> Matthew

Hi Matthew :)

Im also a Asterisk guru!  I have now turned the whole of my business
telephony over to Voice over IP using Asterisk with exit points via
Freeworld, Gossip, IAXtel, and voiptalk.  Have had trouble with software
phones so Im now using Snoms.

Ive got quite a few agi-scripts setup that also read contents from my
wiki using festival.  Im deperate to get a "better" voice tho for
festival. Also there is SMS and Jabber alertinig of voicemail.  I
connected an old nokia up with gnokii :)...............

/me feels its time to stop with the life story ;)

--

Damian Parker
http://www.damosoft.co.uk / http://tikihost.net