[SC.LUG] window onto the world...

Richard Smedley richard at sc.lug.org.uk
Tue Jan 11 15:13:32 GMT 2005

Did anyone see the items about web connected
Axis cams, and others, floating round various
blogs and news sites?

All the webcams from certain manufacturers
connected to the Net for security or just to
be remotely viewable are easily searchable
via Google with simple strings.

EG. by searching for axis-cgi/mjpg:
http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=inurl%3A%22axis-cgi%2Fmjpg%22&btnG=Google
you get pictures live from building sites,
farmyards, traffic junctions, all over.

Yes it's pretty pointless to pursue <shrugs>
For some reason I've spent the morning watching
nothing happen at a snow-covered botanic garden
in New England :)
http://131.229.114.247/axis-cgi/mjpg/video.cgi?camera=&showlength=1&resolution=704x480

Ah, the things you do when you have a deadline
looming =^)

If some kind soul will lay down some wire to
my house to enable me to get broadband I'll
put a camera on the garden so people can watch
the fruit trees grow. After 10 years of time
lapse photography they might make quite an
interesting(*) film. :)

*okay, not very interesting then :-/

 - Richard
//Goes back to _not_ writing his lecture. :-/

--
~/.sig missing, using /etc/passwd instead.