[SC.LUG] LUG meeting in Macclesfield

Simeon W Farrington sub_mail at farrin.org.uk
Sat Jan 29 13:32:34 GMT 2005

Message: 3

>> It was suggested at the last meeting that we have a meeting in
>> Macclesfield at some point. Can anyone suggest a venue (preferably near
>> the train/bus station) that we could use?

Didn't we suggest the Old Millstone - which has a few meeting rooms and
isn't too full of riff-raff - at least looking from the outside!

http://www.pubtoilets.com/ShowPub.asp?pubID=12

appears to be the only sensible(!) link

I don't know how busy the Water's Green Tavern is midweek - it doesn't have separate rooms but a group can easily take over a corner and not be in the way of anyone else. It's also about 2 minutes from the station and serves real beer :)

Apologies for not getting to the Merlin last week - a severe case of all-hell-breaking-loose-at-work :(

Simeon