[SC.LUG] networking for idiots

Robert Marshall robert at chezmarshall.freeserve.co.uk
Thu Jun 2 08:58:13 BST 2005

On Sat, 09 Apr 2005, Ewan Leith wrote:

> if it does turn out to be the card, new ones are obscenely cheap now -
> ebuyer do one for £3 which definitely works with linux
>
> http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?rb=6669489294&action=c2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X3Jldmlld3M=&product_uid=37966
>
> they do cheaper ones too, but they're less likely to work

Just as a belated note on this - I bought one of these and the network is
now up and running - thanks! The original card must have been faulty or
didn't run well with linux.

Though the box on that original card (CNet) explicitly mentions linux
support, the new card (Dynamode) doesn't mention linux support(!) though it
does mention that it supports SCO Unix :-(

Now with half-term in progress I can get on with work without having to
fight for the internet access, now I just need to make a hole in the
ceiling rather than trailing the cable though the house!

Robert
--
Links and things http://rmstar.blogspot.com/
Robert Marshall