[SC.LUG] New toy...

Rick rick at ninjafoo.com
Mon Jun 6 15:30:57 BST 2005

On Sunday 05 June 2005 21:16, Neil Lucock wrote:
> On Sunday 05 Jun 2005 8:22, Rick wrote:
> > Just got me a Zaurus C1000, any other Zaurus users in the lug?
>
> I've got one of the previous models, a 5000 (I think). The first thing I
> did with mine was to get a decent OS to replace the Sharp OS.
>  http://www.openzaurus.org/
> Opie gives you a nice Debian based GUI.

Ive got pdaXrom and KDE 3.4 on mine at the moment (just for giggles), I tried
OZ but found it less than compatable with the majority of Z software (the
main reason I bought a Z as oppose to sticking with Linux on my iPaq). At the
moment I am torn between the soon to be released cacko (sharp based) rom and
pdaXrom and a sensible window manager :)

Probably going back to the sharp rom in the short term just for the hardware
support.

Rick