[SC.LUG] Small quiet games box

John Southern john at sinoda.demon.co.uk
Fri Jun 10 22:17:49 BST 2005

Hi All,

I am just starting to look around for a new computer for one of my children.
Like everyone else, space is at a premium. As it is next to his bed, I would
prefer something a little quiet, if not silent, as he is bound to forget to
switch it off every night.
The downside is, he wants to play games such as tuxRacer.
The only other uses will be web access via the house LAN, a small amount of
word processing and Perl.
I would like it to be about to play MP3s and connect USB devices to it, but
these are not vital.

Does anyone have any recommendations of what I should be considering or even
what to avoid.

The current setup is a midi tower and 15" monitor, but that really is far, far
too big to fit on his desk and I want to avoid using floor space for the box
as "OO" trains and Scalextric track are more important (Although today it
seems to be Lego and dragons).

John