[SC.LUG] Re: next meeting

Robert Marshall robert at chezmarshall.freeserve.co.uk
Sun May 22 14:32:07 BST 2005

On Sun, 22 May 2005, Jason Lucas wrote:

> On Sat, 2005-05-21 at 10:02 +0100, Robert Marshall wrote:
>
>> There was a good short article in yesterday's Church Times on Open
>> source (and particularly OpenOffice) - I can't find the article on their
>> very subscription only web site :-( - but there may be interest from
>> impoverished clergy as a result..
>>
>> Robert
>
> I'm glad to see that there is an interest in OSS from the theologians
> amongst us. Are there any clergy that could perhaps provide us with some
> space for our LUG, in exchange for technical and philosophical
> discussion? Or at least for a small monthly charge!

:-) Though what would you be looking for in terms of resources? Church
halls with access to phone lines for internet connection are going to be
thin on the ground!

If you're just looking for electricity, I *might* be able to do something
in a couple of Macclesfield venues - though you'd have to bring your own
alcohol!
Though I'm not sure what our insurance covers.

The wheelock pub is happy for us to power up machines but maybe we need a
similar venue this side of the county?

Robert
--
Links and things http://rmstar.blogspot.com/