[SC.LUG] USB DSL Modems / PC choices

Dave Briggs linux at davebriggs.net
Tue Nov 1 13:38:22 GMT 2005

Quoting Gareth Bowker <tgb at fsfe.org>:

> If you're willing to spend a little money, I can highly recommend the
> Netgear DG834 series of ADSL modems (there's a wired and a wifi
> version). They run a Linux kernel and the latest firmware does
> everything I've needed it to, including setting up VPNs. They're
> reasonably-priced too.

Hmmm. £60-odd on Amazon, and I am sure I could get a better deal elsewhere.
Thanks!

Does anyone have any recommendations for what brand of PC to go for that will
provide me with bits that are likely to work well with linux?

--
Dave Briggs
linux at davebriggs.net | http://davebriggs.net | http://davebriggs.net/sclug