[SC.LUG] Wiki HOWTOs

Dave Briggs linux at davebriggs.net
Wed Nov 2 19:50:39 GMT 2005

Frank Mitchell wrote:
> I registered for SC LUG Wiki. Can anybody point me to a good HOWTO for Wacko
> Wiki or software similar to it? From the Wacko Home Page it looks as if you
> should be able to upload zip files and suchlike for people to download, but
> I've never used a wiki up until now. I may have an interesting piece of
> software for LUG members to try.

Not sure about the HOWTO situation, I only know of the documentation on
the website. To be honest, I only used this bit of wiki software because
it was the easiest one to install that I could find on a Google trawl.

To upload a file, look for the bit at the bottom of a page that states:

  There are no files on this page. [Display files/form]

and click on the [Display files/form]link. There is an upload limit of
500k, I think, though we might have to think of another way of doing it
if they become popular as I doubt my bandwith allocation could take the
strain!

I have created a page called Software - maybe write a bit about it on
the actual page, then upload the file.

--
Dave Briggs
linux at davebriggs.net | http://davebriggs.net | http://davebriggs.net/sclug