[SC.LUG] RE: SC Digest, Vol 96, Issue 3

Michael A Orton michael_orton at tiscali.co.uk
Fri Oct 14 17:30:18 BST 2005

KDE or Gnome?
KDE is just like Windoze, you can even make it work with double-click ( I
was shown how2do this last month after 5 years!)
So it makes sence to have a descent O/S (Linux,) that also trains people
to be familiar with windoze, which most of the world is forced to use.
I have only tried GRUB once though.
I always use YAST2 to install s/w so I don't think Grub or KDE makes any
difference. It gives me no problem with rpms
 on my System. SuSe 9.2.(Triple boot).
I have even been able to install opera 8.5 rpm which I accidently downloaded
to a fat32 partition.
Windoze wouldn't have do it if it had been in a ext3 one.
Yast2 upgrade option was so good that sunday evening I downloaded 500 meg+
of updates, well over 70 minutes, and it did it all very well. (Before I
had BB, it was virtually impossible.)

Mike Orton., CSci., CPhys., MInstP., MSRP., DCT(Batt). PGCE(Wales).
All outgoing mail checked using FRISK's FP-win
with daily updates.

Unlimited Tiscali Broadband from 14.99!