[SC.LUG] Converting text files

Geoff geoff at osbaldestin.net
Fri Oct 21 21:59:17 BST 2005

They also offer html versions which only mark paragraphs and not line
breaks, though each chapter seems to be in a different file.

Other than that you could use perl to remove single line breaks and
leave line breaks in place where you have two with no other characters
in between (ie a new paragraph), but I am not a master at backtracking
and backreferencing

Though from a google search, it looks like emacs may accomplish this
task for you:
http://www.delorie.com/gnu/docs/elisp-manual-21/elisp_509.html
or
http://www.xahlee.org/UnixResource_dir/emacs.html