[SC.LUG] Back up and running

Simeon W Farrington sub_mail at farrin.org.uk
Sun Oct 23 22:00:39 BST 2005

Having re-wired a phone socket to be somewhere more useful (translation: this
is easier than trying to get the wireless working even though I know it is
supported) I've finally got the debian partition revived onto Sarge
(currently running scared of "testing" even though I always used to run
Unstable :p). So apologies in advance for any strange messages that might
emanate from the machine (already caused one bounce when I forgot how to set
up Fetchmail - it's been a long time).

'tis all good fun but at least I've got sound up and running (Wahey). I do
have one problem which people will know I'm sure how to answer. My
(not-insubstantial) music collection currently resides on a ntfs-formatted
partition which I can only access as root which is rather unsatisfactory
(just because it's a windows partition doesn't mean I have to act in the
windows way of do-it-all-as-root) - can someone tell me how I can access this
partition as a normal user?

Only remaining irritant on that front is that many of my recent files are in
wma format :(

Simeon