[SC.LUG] Macclesfield Meeting

Simeon W Farrington sub_mail at farrin.org.uk
Wed Oct 26 22:15:28 BST 2005

On Wednesday 26 October 2005 21:59, Edward Chapman wrote:

> I wonder if there will be anyone else there besides you and me Robert :)
>
> Any other takers for a Macc meeting Thursday 3rd of Nov at 'The Millstone'
> on Waters Green in Macclesfield, opposite the railway station.
>
> Eddie

Unfortunately I can't do Thursdays as it's our local practice (which I run so
I wouldn't be popular if I was elsewhere!). You'll also be treated to the
bells of the parish (almost directly above the pub) as they also practice on
a Thursday night :)

Spent the evening trying (and failing) to compile an mp4 module to be used
with bmp or xmms. Having an issue trying to get faad2 to co-operate; I
thought I'd compiled and installed it correctly but it appears the libraries
don't want to know :(

checking for BMP... yes
checking mp4.h usability... yes
checking mp4.h presence... yes
checking for mp4.h... yes
checking faad.h usability... yes
checking faad.h presence... yes
checking for faad.h... yes
checking for MP4Create... no
checking for MP4Create in -lmp4v2... yes
checking for NeAACDecInit... no
checking for NeAACDecInit in -lfaad... no
configure: error: You need libfaad2

I could cheat and get all the .debs involved but it would involve upgrading
from stable. Which it is at the moment and that's the way I like it :)

Simeon