[SC.LUG] Macclesfield Meeting

Robert Marshall robert at chezmarshall.freeserve.co.uk
Thu Oct 27 17:37:35 BST 2005

On Wed, 26 Oct 2005, george at goatadsl.co.uk wrote:

> Robert Marshall wrote:
>> On Mon, 24 Oct 2005, Robert Marshall wrote:
>
>> Changing the subject - is anyone familiar with the Manchester Hornet
>> network (in the student accommodation)? I'm trying to set up my
>> daughters system in her new flat and failing...
>
> It might have changed in a few years (and probably a different hall) but
> have you registered the Mac address of the network card with the Hall?
> When I was using Hornet my switch port was locked to the one address.

Not sure that they have to do that any more but maybe I've been
misinformed..

And the registration page
(http://hornet.stars.manchester.ac.uk/site/registration.htm)
suggests that you're right - those 'tabs' across the page would seem to be
in the wrong order if you have to do registration and then setup...!

Will look at the cd they supply when she's home next week

Thanks

Robert
--
Links and things http://rmstar.blogspot.com/