[SC.LUG] [Fwd: [Jobs] [oucs-d] Vacancies within OUCS]

Richard Smedley smedley358 at btinternet.com
Tue Dec 19 16:43:42 GMT 2006

fyi

-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: Wendy Simmonds <wendy.simmonds at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk>
To: Discuss <oucs-discuss at maillist.ox.ac.uk>
Subject: [Jobs] [oucs-d] Vacancies within OUCS
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 15:45:31 -0000

Unix Systems Programmers

We are currently advertising for two Unix Systems Programmers, further
details can be found on www.oucs.ox.ac.uk/jobs/unixprogs  Please feel free
to forward to any interested parties.

Title: Unix Systems Programmers
Grades 7 and 8
Salary:  £25,633 - £31,525 and £32,471 - £38,772 respectively

Do you have an interest in Unix systems administration? Are you gaining an
in-depth understanding of GNU/Linux systems administration?  Do you have
Perl programming experience or an understanding of computer security issues?
If you have experience in any of these areas, we would like to hear from
you.

There are two posts available.  The higher grade post requires a little more
experience and may occasionally entail some leadership responsibility.

Our expanding Systems Development and Support Team has vacancies for Unix
Systems Programmers. Your enthusiasm and attention to detail will be your
greatest assets. The work involves systems architecture design, software
development and service support. At Oxford, the Computing Services
(http://www.oucs.ox.ac.uk/) is home to more activities than you might
imagine.  We take on research and teaching within the department as well as
providing services and a help centre for more than 30,000 users.  New
facilities to support teaching, research and administration are developed
here and OUCS is a pioneer in many areas. There are many other advantages to
working at the University other than the world-class research culture.
Benefits include flexible working hours, a good pension, career prospects
and excellent holidays.

As well as experience in some of the areas mentioned above, a knowledge of C
or Java would be an advantage.  You will often be expected to work on your
own initiative, and will need good organizational and communication skills.
Your ability to learn and respond rapidly will be considered as important as
experience.

Please obtain further details and an application form from The Personnel
Office, Oxford University Computing Services, 13 Banbury Road, Oxford OX2
6NN, tel: 01865-283289, e mail: recruitment at oucs.ox.ac.uk  or on-line at
http://www.oucs.ox.ac.uk/jobs/.

Completed applications must be received by 12 noon on 26th January 2007
Interviews will be held during week commencing 12th February

Wendy Simmonds
Personnel Assistant
Oxford University Computing Services
Telephone: 01865 273200