[SC.LUG] Trebus CD Writing Utility For FreeBSD

Frank Mitchell mitchell at cloudynwuk.force9.co.uk
Sun Dec 31 14:16:58 GMT 2006

Maybe you're all wondering what became of my Trebus CD Writing Utility over
the past year. I'm still developing it, redesigned for BSD Unix. Recently I
released Trebus for FreeBSD-6.x.

Trebus for BSD has actually been posted on a Web Page now. You can find it
with a Google Search for "Frank Mitchell" + Trebus, or visit: http://
listserver.uk.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-users/2006-December/011250.html.
Then you just need to decode the Data Block from base64 to get the original
tar.gz file.

So far I haven't seen alot of Feedback. Presumably nobody's found anything
drastically wrong with it, though it still has its limitations. For
instance: If you give it a broken Symbolic Link, Trebus will stop at an
early stage with a rather unhelpful Error Message saying it can't stat a
certain File. But it should be able to handle different Languages and
Codepages now, if your Locale is set correctly. Personally I'd like to
confirm it actually works in Chinese.

So if you have FreeBSD, you can try Trebus with it now. You'll be licensed
to use it upon.joining freebsd-users at uk.freebsd.org.

Faictz Ce Que Vouldras: Frank Mitchell