[SC.LUG] wireless card

Dr A V Le Blanc LeBlanc at mcc.ac.uk
Thu Feb 9 09:47:10 GMT 2006

and George <george at goatadsl.co.uk> wrote:
> http://users.linpro.no/janl/hardware/wifi.html might help point you in
> the right direction.

I'd like to point out as well http://linux-wless.passys.nl/, which
has a lot of information about wireless cards.  There is a colour
coding system to say whether it works well or badly or not at all
with Linux; the site does not consider using ndiswrapper or
the linuxant driver loader, which have sites of their own (and links
from this one).  Using the advice from there, I bought a Unex
UR055g from Maplin, which has worked pretty well.  (There were
no problems with the original drivers, some with drivers in December,
which I simply replaced with the older driver, and the problems went
away with a new release of the driver in January.)

     -- Owen
     LeBlanc at mcc.ac.uk