[SC.LUG] XML stylesheet support in browsers (was: Exciting news)

Simon Ward simon at mivok.net
Mon Jan 23 08:44:16 GMT 2006

On Sun, Jan 22, 2006 at 10:02:56PM -0000, Richard Pineger wrote:

> As a starter for 10. If I design an XML publishing system do I need to transform the output to XHTML+CSS for the majority of GNU/Linux based web browsers or do they all support XML+CSS or XSLT these days?

I don't know about XML+CSS, but I got bitten (mildly) when trying to
test server side XSLT processing because it turned out that Firefox 1.5
was applying it client side instead, and I had forgotten to actually
return the transformed document instead of the original from the server.

Given that, I'd say the Gecko based browsers would support it (Mozilla,
Firefox, Epiphany, Galeon), and no doubt KHTML based browsers wouldn't
want to be left out (Konqueror).

Simon
simple system that works.
    — John Gaule