Wind Power [was RE: Solar power [was RE: [SC.LUG] Going Green.]]]

Geoff geoff at osbaldestin.net
Wed Jul 26 12:02:46 BST 2006

Alan Pope wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 26, 2006 at 02:55:19AM +0100, Jason Lucas wrote:
>
>> yup, I'm all for renewable energy and I really like to hear about
>> efforts made towards it in the Linux community. (oh, by-the-way, I've
>> just joined the Green Party.) Hey, one of us was going to do it!
>>

> One option might be to move any hosting you have to a "green" provider.
> Someone like Ecological Hosting [0] for instance.
>
> I have no relationship with them, just rememeber seeing them mentioned
> somewhere.
>
> Cheers,
> Al.
>
> [0] http://www.ecologicalhosting.com

I think wind power would be better £1600 (+ VAT) all in for a wind
turbine with a roi of between 5 & 7 years. I am waiting to see if I need
planning permission in Congleton, as they are not currently sure.
Have a look here :
http://www.windsave.com/

Also if you meet all the criteria then you can get a grant of upto £500
from the goverment after installation.
More info here: http://www.est.org.uk/myhome/generating/grants/

Cheers

Geoff Os