[SC.LUG] mac OS Tiger (or iPod firmware re-setting)

Richard Smedley richard.smedley03 at ntlworld.com
Mon Jul 31 20:28:12 BST 2006

Okay, it's a long shot...

Somebody borrowed my MAC OS X (Tiger) disks, to try out the latest
Garage Band or ITunes or something before they bought a new Mac.
"Keep the discs as long as you like." I said - after all I removed
MacOS from my ibook when it arrived and it's been triple boot
Debian / Gentoo / whatever else I try that week since then.

Now I need MacOS back on to re-set the firmware on a 3G iPod with
a broken database (at least, GtkPod thinks it's bust), and the chap
with the OS-X discs has disappeared for the rest of the summer,so
has anyone out there either -

1.
Got the MacOS Tiger DVD (as supplied with ibooks, et al.) they
could lend me [I have a last-generation PPC ibook, so it's
fully licensed]

or

2.
Someone who has the iPod restoration software on either MacOS
or MS Windows [neither of which I have, see above] who could let
me use their computer to restore the afflicteed iPod?

Cheers,

 - Richard

btw I don't mind off-list replies, but it would also be interesting
to see on-list who has PPC hardware =^)

--

www.sc.lug.org.uk