[SC.LUG] Curry Tonight with FSF Europe!

Gareth Bowker tgb at fsfe.org
Fri Jun 2 09:31:35 BST 2006

On Fri, Jun 02, 2006 at 12:03:00AM +0100, Richard Smedley wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-05-27 at 07:25 +0100, Gareth Bowker wrote:
>
> > We'll be in The Clarence on the curry mile from 7pm TONIGHT, then
> > heading to a curryhouse at 7:30pm. It'd be great to see as many of you
> > as possible.
>
> Sorry I couldn't make it. How did it go?

One person from ManLUG and an FSFE Fellow from Birmingham came along,
plus the 12 FSFE GA members from different countries.

It was quite a good night though, lots of good discussion and I think
the ManLUG guy, who knew nothing about Free Software Foundation Europe
beforehand, seemed to be impressed by the sort of work FSF Europe do
(which for those of you who don't know, a significant part of FSFE's
work is on the EU Parliament and UN levels).

Along those lines, would there be interest in me giving a talk about
FSFE's work at an upcoming SCLUG meeting?

Cheers,

Gareth

PS On a personal note, I've come to the conclusion that herding geeks
to curry is a harder task than herding cats.