[SC.LUG] RE Suse and apache2

Peter Paul Fox g0ira at arrl.net
Sat Mar 25 20:53:40 GMT 2006

Hi All
very new to Linux but have installed Suse10 which has apache2 as
he server. I have played with apache on WXP with success but the
version of apache uses had a single httpd.conf file.
The later version with Suse has a variety of conf files and I have
sorted most of them to do what I want (I want to run two or more
small websites on one machine)
One of the web sites has a perl page to call up a set of dates, but I
cant get the perl interpreter to fire up.
perl -v says perl ver 5.X.x is running but when I run the perl script in
the console window the message states that 'no file or directory'.
This makes me think I have not set something either in YAST or by
accessing the conf file in Kwrite and changing or setting a path
correctly.
I have spent some time on this and getting nowhere fast.
(by the way the perl worked on the WXP machine but it is my main
machine and don't intend it to be a server)

Any ideas?
Apologies for the rant.Peter Paul  Fox
5 Llandovery Close
Winsford