[SC.LUG] /dev dilemma

Simeon Farrington sub_mail at farrin.org.uk
Tue May 23 18:47:03 BST 2006

Hi Robert

That certainly could be part of it although I never had any other than the
default udev files. I've looked through the permissions file and that looks
sensible but normal users still seem to have a problem with /dev access.

More annoying is that the stock kernel required to run this version of udev seems
to not have the Audigy module built in - I think there's been a problem but I've
not got to the bottom of it. I'll keep on fiddling and hopefully all will be well
soon.......

Simeon

On Sat May 20 15:21 , Robert Marshall <robert at chezmarshall.freeserve.co.uk> sent: