[SC.LUG] Fwd: Worldwide 2007 Mandriva Linux Install Fest [aka: all your distro are belong to us]

Robert Marshall robert at capuchin.co.uk
Thu Oct 19 12:34:15 BST 2006

On Wed, 11 Oct 2006, Richard Smedley wrote:

> I'm not sure Mandr{ake|iva|-whatever} can expect much success with this,
> given their current standing in the community, but I forward it for the
> information...

I'd skimmed this (having mainly noted the above editorialising :-)) but
when I got my copy via Mandriva I read it a bit more throughly....

>  - Richard

> Subject: Worldwide 2007 Mandriva Linux Install Fest
> Date: Tuesday 10 October 2006 19:02
> From: Mandriva Press <press at mandriva.com>
>
> Paris, October 10th 2006 - Mandriva rallies the community of Linux
> users in many cities across the globe on October 21st 2006.
>
> In order to bring Linux to new users and present the new features and
> technologies available in Mandriva Linux 2007, Mandriva is mobilizing
> its network of Linux User Groups (LUGs) to coordinate a worldwide
> Installfest on October 21 2006.

its network of Linux User Groups (LUGs) ?????

more like all your LUGS are belong to us!

As a mdk 2006 (and back to 8.2) I could ask for suggestions as to where to
go but I'd guess that non-Mandr* will say pretty much the same as they'd
said before the Gael/mdk bustup (together with a 'you see' emphasis)

Maybe I shall get around to switching to Ubuntu...

Robert
--
Links and things http://rmstar.blogspot.com/
Robert Marshall