[SC.LUG] [Fwd: FSF coming to the UK with Defective by Design]

Richard Smedley rs at m6-it.org
Thu Aug 2 22:30:10 BST 2007

On Thu, 2007-08-02 at 15:27 +0100, Matthew Tolley wrote:
> I've signed the online petition, I might even be in London on the 14th
> (handy). But who is Peter Brown?

Peter Brown is the Executive Director at the Free Software Foundation.
btw Manchester is confirmed for 14th Aug -
http://www.defectivebydesign.org/BBCSignUpManchester

> Oh, and while I remember, can you recommend a few non-DRM music download
> websites (legal ones)?

I'm afraid I still get most of my music on vinyl and
shellac ;-)
But I'm sure the list has someone young enough to use
these computer thingies, who can recommend some :^)

Is there a particular sort of music that you are after?