[SC.LUG] Internet Connectivity

Matthew Tolley matthew at matthewtolley.com
Sun Aug 19 14:02:49 BST 2007

> I run 64 bit Ubuntu 6.06 and have a 32 bit chroot for Firefox. A 32
bit
> terminal behaved as a terminal had before. I found a second
resolv.conf
> in /chroot/etc. Once that was fixed everything worked.
> So thank you again.
> I had a problem replying to this list which I think has come up
before.
> Reply gave Richard's address and Reply All added the list.
> Do I need to do something in Thunderbird?

The 'From' address needs to be the same as the one you used when you
signed up to the LUG. I have several email addresses and use mainly two.
I frequently forget to change my 'From' address with the result that it
doesn't get through. It usually takes me a few days to realise my
mistake too!

Try that as a first step.