[SC.LUG] Refurbished Laptops

Richard Smedley smedley358 at btinternet.com
Tue Aug 21 19:20:56 BST 2007

On Tue, 2007-08-21 at 17:56 +0100, Simon Ward wrote:
> Following on from last night’s meeting, the place I was thinking of is
> Just Laptops[1]. They offer refurbished laptops at reasonable‐looking
> prices.  There’s at least one happy person with a Thinkpad T20b, bought
> for around £200.  While searching for this, I discovered that there seem
> to be quite a few other places doing similar, so it’s worth looking
> around.

Indeed, I mentioned SterlingXS last night...
http://www.sterlingxs.co.uk/scpages/oneofflaptopspecials.html
http://www.sterlingxs.co.uk/scpages/smallminisubcheaplaptops.htm
http://www.sterlingxs.co.uk/scpages/ibmtoshibalaptops.html
.. but there are many others. Quite a few advertise in
MicroMart, or at least used to, the last time I read it.

If you want a /very/ cheap, but usable laptop, have a look
at this old Toshiba for sale in Birmingham:
http://www.speedie.co.uk/acatalog/Pentium_II_Laptops.html

Richard Smedley,                                         rs at m6-it.org
Technical Director,                                     www.M6-IT.org
M6-IT CIC                                        +44 (0)779 456 07 14

Sustainable Third Sector IT solutions. PRINCE2[TM] Project Management
Web services * Back-ups * Support * Training & Certification * E-Mail

M6-IT is a Community Interest Company, limited by guarantee.
Registered in England & Wales,               Registration No: 6040154
11 St Marks Road, Stourbridge, West Midlands, DY9 7DT

Northern Office:      4, Hollins Green, Bradwall, Cheshire, CW10 0LA.

Welsh office/Swyddfa Gogledd Cymru: e-mail / e-bost - cymru at m6-it.org

Southern Office: Bristol                    contact matthew at m6-it.org