[SC.LUG] Email Clients

Matthew Tolley matthew at matthewtolley.com
Thu Aug 30 09:36:13 BST 2007

> > I'd like to delete the duplicates without spending 3-5 hours doing so!
> > Is there a simple method of automating the deletion of duplicates in
> > either Evolution or Thunderbird? If so can you advise what it is?
> >

> I've never tried it but a web search suggested this thunderbird addon
>
> http://www.liewcf.com/blog/archives/2006/01/mozilla-thunderbird-remove-duplicate-email-messages/

This settles the matter. I'm moving to Thunderbird!

The only obstacle is that Thunderbird won't directly import my mail or
contacts from Evolution.

Strangely, Thunderbird for Windows imports from a variety of programs.

Can you suggest a way to import my mail and contacts from Evolution to
Thunderbird without too much trouble? If it helps I have the same
contacts in Thunderbird for MS Windows, so importing the contacts from
there is also doable.

Thanks in advance,

Matthew