[SC.LUG] Open Source NHS anyone?

Richard Pineger marrocdanderfluff at yahoo.co.in
Wed Mar 14 20:19:34 GMT 2007

I read in Private Eye this week that the NHS multi-billion pound IT project
(should have been 2.3bn and is currently running at around 12.4bn if it even
can be completed) is in a bad way.

I was wondering, now that the NHS IT refresh NPfIT is starting to crumble,
is there a place for an Open Source alternative created by a community of
concerned citizens who, after all, really want a health service?

Does anyone else apart for me have any experience of this IT project? I can
set up a wiki for people to throw some ideas up and I could start a petition
on that petitions website.

What do you think?

Richard