[SC.LUG] image display application sought

Robert Marshall robert at capuchin.co.uk
Fri Nov 2 16:41:59 GMT 2007

I'm looking for a linux application to display an image - this will hapen
on a projector linked to the computer while I talk about the image.  So far
I've looked at ee, display, gimp, gwenview and the closest match to what I
want it gqview - however (you knew this was coming!) it doesn't give me
everything I'd like!

I want to be able to un/zoom and pan under mouse control (that's fine) but
I'd also like to be able to select (draw a box around) particular parts of
the image in order to highlight them - and I don't appear to get that.

Any thoughts as to the application I've so far missed? I suppose I could
add the boxes to copies of the image and move from one image to another but
I'd like to do it more simply allowing a spur of the moment descision to
select something

Robert
--
Links and things http://rmstar.blogspot.com/