[SC.LUG] introduction + postfix and horde

Robert Marshall robert at capuchin.co.uk
Mon Oct 8 22:50:55 BST 2007

On Mon, 08 Oct 2007, nev at nevstah.co.uk wrote:

> cool... i'll try that!
>
> its nothing to do with my ISP, mx points to my box and to a backup mx
> (not that i've ever had any downtime (yet))

I need to look into that sometime...

> i've not yet been able to get spamassassin/mailscanner to work with
> postfix yet :( it was so easy with sendmail

I think postfix by default uses procmail - you'll need a .procmailrc file,
looking something like (looking at mine!)

# if it is not too large spam check it - though my limit is on the big size!
:0fw
* < 256000
| spamassassin -L

# Mails with a score of 15 - practcally certainly spam - maybe I should
# send this to /dev/null but it sometimes gives entertainment value
:0:

I use mboxes if you're using maildir you'll want something like

MAILDIR=$HOME/Maildir

:0:

I do tend to trap the big stuff (as you see, and not spam check it) before
hitting my machine by running spamassassin on everything , I also dump
stuff in charsets I don't understand straight in the spam bin

google for procmail and spamassassin and you'll see lots of config files!

Robert