[SC.LUG] UK 'a closed shop for open source' - Public Sector - Breaking Business and Technology News at silicon.com

Richard Smedley rs at m6-it.org
Wed Sep 19 19:10:15 BST 2007

On Wed, 2007-09-19 at 18:57 +0100, Peter Brooks wrote:
[snip]
> For example in the education market a head of IT at a school in
> Hampshire called Peter Savage updates his blog
> (http://www.progbox.co.uk/wordpress) with his advances of introducing
> OSS into his school, I find his blog always a  good read and it sounds
> like he's got the attention of the head master and has made some
> positive changes at the school.
[snip]

Hello Peter,

Thanks for pointing out that blog to me. I'm actually having
school trouble myself - there isn't a junior school locally
who would like a free LTSP installation of one-PC-per-two-pupils
in every classroom. :-/
I'm beginning to think I'm going to have to do it with one
of the schools in South London that contacted me.

Oh well...

 - Richard

btw Did you mean to reply off-list? I hope you don't mind
me bringing it back to the list?

btw2 For anyone involved in education, please pass details
of the forthcoming Successful FOSS in Education event to
heads, governers and LEA officials on your contact list:

http://www.openschoolsalliance.org/

http://www.openschoolsalliance.org/education-event/successful-floss-in-education

Richard Smedley,                                         rs at m6-it.org
Technical Director,                                     www.M6-IT.org
M6-IT CIC                                        +44 (0)779 456 07 14

Sustainable Third Sector IT solutions. PRINCE2[TM] Project Management
Web services * Back-ups * Support * Training & Certification * E-Mail

M6-IT is a Community Interest Company, limited by guarantee.
Registered in England & Wales,               Registration No: 6040154
11 St Marks Road, Stourbridge, West Midlands, DY9 7DT

Northern Office:      4, Hollins Green, Bradwall, Cheshire, CW10 0LA.

Welsh office/Swyddfa Gogledd Cymru: e-mail / e-bost - cymru at m6-it.org

Southern Office: Bristol                    contact matthew at m6-it.org