[SC.LUG] Reply-to-list munging madness

Simon Ward simon at bleah.co.uk
Thu Apr 17 22:54:09 BST 2008

On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 10:36:41PM +0100, Richard Smedley wrote:
> Okay, the last bastion of RFC & Netiquette correctness is falling :-/
>
> Following numerous replies going to posters instead of list when
> intended, I have changed the list back to the UK LUG default
> of reply-to munging.

Meh, I blame MUA authors for writing shite software.  At least this list
includes all headers useful for a client to determine the “reply to”
action.

I don’t agree with reply-to munging one bit, because it is a hack for
the deficiency of software, but if it must go that way _my_ mail client
can cope.

Simon
simple system that works.
    — John Gaule