[SC.LUG] HORDE project

Richard Smedley smedley358 at btinternet.com
Mon Apr 21 11:25:34 BST 2008

On Fri, 2008-04-18 at 09:33 +0100, Nev wrote:
> hi all
>
> does anyone use horde? specifically imp? i've had it installed for quite
> a while now and am quite impressed overall

I didn't get very far last time I trialled it, so I can only guess...

> i've just tried to install the vacation package, all fine and dandy, but
> when it tries to send an autoreply, i receive the following message
> back, where 'nev' is my username:
>
> Command died with status 1: "/var/www/horde/vacation
>     nev". Command output: local: fatal: execvp /var/www/horde/vacation:
>     Permission denied
>

> i'm assuming it doesnt have permission to access postfix, but i have no
> idea how to fix that.. any ideas?

Permissions is usually the first place to look (that, and DNS, account
for 97% of my computer problems ;^)
However the postfix binary is usually available to anyone - check
on your system with:
ls -l /usr/sbin/postfix
[unless it's somewhere else, of course]

It looks like it may be a problem with permissions to run the
vacation module itself. Try temporarily giving it 777 and retesting
(then changing back of course ;).