[SC.LUG] [Fwd: Linux Live 2008 - Earls Court, Olympia]

Richard Smedley smedley358 at btinternet.com
Tue Apr 22 10:07:34 BST 2008

On Mon, 2008-04-21 at 11:45 +0100, David Holden wrote:
> > By way of an introduction - Pioneer Global Media will be launching Linux
> > 'Live' at Earls Court, Olympia later this year.
[snip]
> > I look forward to hearing from you, and welcome all feedback surrounding
> > this exciting event.

> Don't hold it at Earls Court would be one things.
>
> Not only in London but in London where you need a special tube train to get to
> it.

It is a pain to get to if you're not staying overnight.

On the plus side, the BBC is becoming less London-centric as more
of their techies move up to Manchester - the BBC's
Future Media & Technology Director mentioned this week that
there would be more techie events up north.

Also, barcamp Manchester 2 will happen this summer I think :-)