[SC.LUG] where would i look....

Tim Dobson lists at tdobson.net
Wed Aug 13 16:11:32 UTC 2008

 > hi all
 >
 > the company i work for has at the core of its business, a linux server
 > for which i'm the admin.
 >
 > odd question, but where would i look to find someone capable of
 > supporting the server etc when i'm sick/holiday etc? no'major'
 > companies seem willing/able to even switch on something that doesnt
 > have a M$ logo on the front

Not at all a stupid question! A very clever one in fact :)

I would recommend asking on Geekup's[1], ManLUG's[2] and/or Manchester
Free Software Group's[2] Mailing lists.

I know several companies who I am certain would be very happy to provide
  low price high quality support,

Let me know if you get anywhere with that :)

Tim

[1] http://www.geekup.org
[2] http://listserv.manchester.ac.uk/cgi-bin/wa?REPORT&z=3