[SC.LUG] Backing Up Query

ian spyro at f2s.com
Fri Feb 8 13:07:40 GMT 2008

On Fri, 2008-02-08 at 05:54 +0000, Matthew Tolley wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> My Ubuntu 7.10 has become intolerably 'buggy' and I'm planning a
> re-installation after I've backed up my stuff.
>
> Is there  a file(s)  which I can back up with my  web (i.e. firefox)
> passwords in it so I don't have to re-enter them all when I go back to
> the websites I've joined? If so is it under /.mozilla?

Personally I'd just preserve everything in /home/* (including all the
hidden files).

theres a small chance that your problem is in one of your user config
files, but odds are its not and simply reinstalling everything but /home
will fix it.

(if not, you know where to start looking...)

when you reinstall, consider debian instead :)