[SC.LUG] Re: MaxTux & Other Unix Suppliers

Richard Smedley smedley358 at btinternet.com
Sat Feb 23 20:04:46 GMT 2008

On Sat, 2008-02-23 at 16:00 +0000, Frank Mitchell wrote:
> Parts of the MaxTux Website look outdated,

Not to mention html that belongs in a less-enlightened
decade :-/
However...

> So MaxTux seems to be a very informal organisation, which relies on Customer
> Demand to keep up to date. You can expect to get some hand-labelled disks,
> which might take more than a week to arrive. But if you're specific, there's
> no problem getting the particular Unix version you want.

... it's good to hear about old-fashioned, home-grown,
personal service. Something that's been sadly polished
out of most areas of our slick and professional, modern
life.

 - Richard
   (two minutes into watching England's last chance)